Look no further if you want to spruce up your home without spending a fortune. One of the best ways to inexpensively upgrade your home is through DIY (Do-It-Yourself).
From simple paint jobs and furniture rearrangements to more complex renovations, a variety of simple projects can significantly impact the overall look and feel of your living space. Let’s take a look at how you can give new life to your home office and your old sun lounger.
Refurbish your home office
A great way to refresh your home office without spending a bundle of money is rearranging the furniture. For example, move your desk to a different wall or corner and switch up the orientation of the chairs. You can also brighten up the room by adding new colorful throws and pillows to any seating surfaces.
There is, of course, also the option of buying some new office appliances to create more order; the best small filing cabinet can get you a long way. If you’re not looking to buy anything new but still want to tidy up the space, check out this DIY hack:
● Binder clips
● Command hooks
- Attach the Command hooks to the wall above your desk.
- Clip the binder clips onto the Command hooks.
- Use the binder clips to organize and store papers, folders, and other office supplies.
This is a simple and inexpensive way to add extra storage and organization to your home office. The Command hooks are easy to install and remove without damaging the wall, while the binder clips offer a versatile and practical solution for organizing papers and supplies. This hack is also great for small spaces where desk or shelf space is limited.
Upscale your old sun lounger
Summer is approaching, and sun loungers are a great way to relax and take a break when the heat becomes overbearing. One easy way to give your old sun lounger new life is to add new cushioning. This upscaling hack can enhance your lounging experience by making your outdoor furniture more comfortable, inviting – and stylish.
The cushion foam provides extra padding, while the fabric cover can be customized to match your outdoor decor. Velcro strips make it easy to securely attach the cushion to the sun lounger, preventing it from slipping or sliding around.
● Cushion foam
● Fabric of your choice
● Measuring tape
● Sewing machine or needle and thread
● Velcro strips
- Measure the dimensions of your sun lounger and cut the cushion foam to fit the dimensions.
- Cut two pieces of fabric that are slightly larger than the cushion foam.
- Place the cushion foam in between the two pieces of fabric, making sure the fabric completely covers the foam.
- Sew the two pieces of fabric together, leaving one side open for inserting the foam.
- Turn the fabric inside out and insert the foam.
- Sew the open side closed.
- Cut small pieces of Velcro strips and sew them to the back of the cushion and the sun lounger where you want the cushion to attach.
- Attach the cushion to the sun lounger using the Velcro strips.
Where can I find more DIY tips and tricks?
If you’re looking for more DIY hacks, plenty of resources are available online. There are even websites dedicated to home improvement and crafts, where you can find project ideas, tutorials, and step-by-step instructions. A quick search on Pinterest will provide you with plenty of inspiration. Best of luck with your project!